Monday 12 September 2011

Favourite Podcasts - 3 - Pod Delusion

I am a recent convert the the movement of Skepticism, well, convert is totally the wrong word, but I have only heard about it in the last 18 months or so.

I am not sure about the series of events that let me to find this podcast, possibly through the comedian Robin Ince, possibly through searching for Richard Dawkins on the internet... I have genuinely forgotten how I discovered it, but after hearing an episode I immediately went back to episode one and listened to them all.

The podcast, presented by the likable James O'Malley, is a collection of articles provided by various contributors, there is rarely an overall theme, but each article is something that the contributor feels passionate about.

It comes from a liberal, skepitical and rationalistic viewpoint, but there are also plenty of contrasting views as well, Torys and Christians have also contributed in recent episodes.

The podcast introduced me to Skeptics in the Pub, the podcast is actually born out of Westminster Skeptics, which has lead me to meet some splendid people at High Wycombe Skeptics in the Pub, and has made me think a lot more about what I believe about the world generally.

I also love that fact it is a very professional sounding podcast, in fact it sounds like a radio show, and this makes it a pleasure to listen to, and the host James has a sense of humour that any dad would be proud of...

Find the podcast at the Pod Delusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment