Tuesday 5 July 2011

A history of Neil in 100 objects - Object 1 - Williams F1 Diecast Model

top 10 things 002

Motor racing is about the only sport I have really got into, I can watch a small amount of football, or tennis, or athletics, but I soon get bored. However I can watch practice sessions of F1, large chunks of 24 hour races, or half a day of touring cars without any trouble at all.

This model of a Williams F1 FW28 was given to me by my friend Nick, and is a lovely scale model, he was given it from his work at the time (one of the sponsors of the team) and gave it to me saying I was a bigger fan of F1 than he was. A lovely gift which I am sure I will always keep on display.

Williams must be one of my favourite teams in F1, and this was cemented when last year we visited the Williams F1 base in Grove for a great day watching the GP on the big screen, looking around the amazing museum and meeting some of the Williams staff. I wrote my experiences of the day on a blog post at Sidepodcast.

Perhaps one day I will get into another sport, but I can't imagine anything beating the excitement I feel just before those red lights go out on a Sunday afternoon, and this Sunday I will experience that at Silverstone for the first time in real life... excited? Just a bit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment